Bainbridge Prepares is an educational nonprofit organization committed to ensuring Bainbridge Island, Washington and surrounding communities will be resilient in the face of natural disasters and other calamities. Since 2011, we’ve worked in partnership with the Bainbridge Island Fire Department. The City of Bainbridge Island joined our partnership in 2016.
Our journey to become the most prepared town in Washington state will only be successful with widespread citizen involvement and leadership. Please take a quick look through the list of Bainbridge Prepares Teams below; we’d love to have you! Be sure to sign up for our email newsletter to stay up to date on everything related to preparedness on the island.
Please meet our executive team:
- Bainbridge Prepares Executive Director Loren Bast heads up the Bainbridge Prepares organization.
Bainbridge Prepares Program Director Christina Aitchison oversees BP’s programmatic offerings.
- Bainbridge Prepares Founder and Board Chair Scott James handles most of our outbound presentations.
- COBI Emergency Management Coordinator Anne Lesage watches over several agency-led committees for the city.
- Deputy Chief Jared Moravec is the BI Fire Department’s representative in the partnership.
Bainbridge Prepares maintains 501c3 status through a fiscal sponsorship with Kitsap Community Foundation. The Board of Directors consists of:
- Scott James, Founder/Board Chair of Bainbridge Prepares and author of Prepared Neighborhoods: Building Resilience One Street at a Time.
- Susan James, Co-Founder, Clinical Social Worker, and Wellness Coach
- Dr. Stephanie Farquhar, Affiliate Professor at University of Washington School of Public Health, Department of Health Services, and Senior Social Research Scientist at Public Health – Seattle King County Health Department
- Steve Greist, Research & Development at Far Bank Enterprises
- Molly Greist, stone sculptor
- Matt Kress, Senior Manager, Veterans and Military Affairs at Starbucks
- Matt Otepka, Owner of Bainbridge Island Outfitters & Depot
- David Kim, Interdisciplinary Technology Executive
- Roger Coulter, Chief Financial Officer at General Biodiesel