In the event of a public health emergency or disaster Bainbridge Island may be isolated from the rest of the county for a prolonged period of time.
Bainbridge Island Medical Reserve Corps (BIMRC) is a reserve volunteer unit that strengthens our public health, reducing vulnerability, building resilience, and improving community preparedness, response, and recovery capabilities.
Learn more about the BIMRC from Team Coordinator Dr. Andrea Chymiy in this brief video overview:
The full BIMRC leadership team includes:
The BIMRC operates as part of the emergency response capabilities of Bainbridge Prepares in cooperation with COBI and BIFD, and in concert with our regional partners: the Kitsap Public Health District and the Northwest Health Response Network. The BIMRC will “stand up” a disaster medical clinic to provide a next level of care beyond the capabilities of our community’s Disaster Hubs.
Guided by our BIMRC Code of Conduct, recent activations have included providing staffing for COVID-19 testing sites and vaccination sites throughout Kitsap County.
The BIMRC offers members of the healthcare community interested in volunteering during a disaster the opportunity to:
- Learn how to better prepare for a disaster (both personally and professionally)
- Give back to the community as a volunteer during a disaster or public health emergency
- Gain valuable training in disaster preparedness and response
Practicing and retired medical, public health, and other allied health professionals as listed here are all encouraged to apply to join the BIMRC:
|Physicians, ARNPs, PAs|
Certified Nursing Assistants
Mental Health Therapists
Foreign Language Interpreters
Sign Language Interpreters
Customer Service Representatives
Our volunteer requirements are straightforward. After you complete the onetime application process, you will need to:
- Complete/maintain basic CPR training
- Complete/maintain a personal/family preparedness plan
- Complete two easy/fast online training courses: ICS 100 and FEMA IS700
- If you are a licensed medical provider and plan to volunteer in that capacity, you will also be required to keep your WA state medical licensure current
Do you have questions you need answered before joining us? Please let us know! You can email us via the individual Leadership Team email aliases listed above, or as a group via firstname.lastname@example.org.