This team of practitioners provides a variety of wellness services to support and stabilize First Responders and community members who are experiencing adverse effects of an island-wide disaster.
Services include but are not limited to: chiropractic care, acupuncture, naturopathic care, massage, stress management, aromatherapy, homeopathy, and other holistic health care. This team has a special focus on providing support for infants and pregnant/breastfeeding mothers which includes lactation consultation, labor and delivery, and nursing.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Click here for 20 WELLNESS TIPS and additional support documentation for staying STRONG, RESILIENT, & HEALTHY (outside of the obvious hygiene practices).
Whether you have time and resources to offer the community, or have needs to be filled, please contact us at our Recovers site.
A number of local practitioners and online providers are offering complimentary or discounted services and resources right now. Please continue to check back on this list as it is updated regularly. Until then…
May you be happy.
May you be well.
May you be safe.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
Complimentary Wellness Calls (15-30 min). Please contact the specific Bainbridge Prepares Wellness Volunteer listed to schedule (limited availability with each practitioner):
- Kori Abbott (MS Nutrition Bastyr, 100 hr Yoga TT) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maria Cook LAc, LMT (Licensed Five Element Acupuncturist and Massage) email@example.com
- Carol Ann Davidson, PT, 200 RYT (Physical Therapist and Yoga Instructor): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Larkin Flora 200 RYT, WFR, Reiki Master-Teacher (Energy work, Divinity Student for Interfaith Chaplaincy) email@example.com
- Colleen Huck, IBCLC Lactation Consultant: 206-940-2637, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan James, LICSW, BCC, 200 RYT, BIEMR/WFR (Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Board Certified Health Coach, Yoga Instructor, EFT Practitioner, Life Force Energy Healing Practitioner, ThetaHealing Practitioner/Master Instructor): email@example.com
- Dr. Julie Rosenblatt, DC (Doctor of Chiropractic) firstname.lastname@example.org
Dayaalu Center (Founder Sue Steindorf, Yoga Instructor/Physical Therapist): This Bainbridge Island yoga and healthy living center is providing complimentary and donation based online classes. This includes chair yoga, EFT tapping (acupressure tapping for stress relief), Yin yoga, and much more!
Living Well Chiropractic & Massage: Complimentary and discounted services with Brian Kovara, DC (Bainbridge Island).
Essential Oils: Get a complimentary wellness package of oils (while supplies last) delivered to your porch (Bainbridge Island residents) to help you through this stressful time. Please contact by phone, text, or email: doTERRA Wellness Advocates Ashley Zupan (206-661-2670, email@example.com) or Becky Peyton (360-516-0241, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Goodwin Homepathics: Beth Goodwin, PDHom. Discounted/complimentary homeopathy services to first responders and healthcare workers and others in need.
Jendi Watson: Bainbridge Island Hakomi Therapist offering a complimentary mindfulness group Wednesday evenings.
Free Online Wellness Resources
Center for Healthy Minds: Offers free online Wellness tips, meditation, articles, and webinars on staying healthy during the COVID-10 outbreak.
Coursera.org: Coursera offers online courses on health, meditation, and exercise. The Science of Well-Being is being offered for free through Yale Digital. Get expert insights from Dr. Laurie Santos, a Yale psychology professor who has taught 1+ million learners how to use research-backed strategies to boost well-being. In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life.
Dale Carnegie: Attend this free webinar during the COVID-19 Outbreak, Handling Stress and Supporting Resilience in Times of Crisis. Also check out this YouTube video series from top certified Dale Carnegie trainers with daily tips on managing stress.
First Aid Arts has been collaborating with the Bainbridge Prepares Child Safety Team for some time to create Psychological First Aid kits for family and school emergency kits. They are offering a free mini-PFA toolkit here.
Hay House: Hay House is a mind-body-spirit and transformational enterprise that publishes self help, inspirational, personal growth, and alternative medicine books and products. Their FREE resource page includes podcasts, articles, videos, ebooks & online courses.
Harvard Divinity School: HDS has published this great article featuring a list of resources: Spiritual Resources During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
La Leche League: Read this pertinent article, “Continuing to Nurse Your Baby Through Coronavirus (2019-nCoV; COVID-19) and Other Respiratory Infections.”
University of CA, Berkeley: The Science of Happiness – “A free eight-week Science of Happiness course that will offer practical, research-backed tips on living a happy and meaningful life.” – The Huffington Post
- What happiness really means and why it matters to you
- How to increase your own happiness and foster happiness in others
- Why social connections, kindness, and community are key to happiness
- Which mental habits are most conducive to happiness and how mindfulness can help