November 17 CONNECTIONS CAFE by Raising Resilience:
This team of practitioners provides a variety of wellness services to support and stabilize First Responders, essential workers, and community members who are experiencing adverse effects of a regional disaster.
Holistic health care services include but are not limited to: chiropractic care, acupuncture, naturopathic care, massage, stress management, aromatherapy, homeopathy, and a special focus on providing support for infants and pregnant/breastfeeding mothers which includes lactation consultation, labor and delivery, and nursing. Keep scrolling for a collection of Stay Healthy videos from some of these practitioners detailing techniques you can apply anytime.
Please download the Bainbridge Prepares Wellness Packet our team has prepared for you, which includes the following helpful documents:
- Wellness Checklist for COVID-19 – This is a plan template you can use to stay healthy, prepared, and cared for should you or any loved ones get COVID-19.
- Wellness Self Care Plan – A practical one page DIY plan for any age to take care of themselves better during times of stress or sickness.
- 20 Wellness Tips for Staying Strong, Healthy, and Resilient – this is great to print out and put on the fridge!
- Complimentary Wellness Calls – BP Wellness Volunteers are offering this during the pandemic. Names and contact information of wellness professionals listed.
- Free Online Resources During COVID-19 (a compiled resource list with direct links)
- Describes Benefits of Deep, Relaxed Breathing and directions for a relaxing Centering Breath Practice.
- The Importance of Breath for immune function and nervous system; explains how Diaphragmatic Breathing works and the health benefits.
- Square Breathing technique directions – great for staying calm and healthy.
- Paced or Lengthened Breathing – helps enhance immune function and decrease anxiety and stress.
- The Essential Breath – a wonderful deep breathing practice to accelerate healing.
- Warming Socks – a DIY home Immune Support Practice.
- Emotional Freedom Technique – Self applied acupressure tapping to relieve stress, stay healthy, and help heal.
- The Breastfeeding Mom’s Guide for Stressful Situations – know the how to’s of this if you are a nursing mother.
- Breastfeeding in an Emergency – it can be done and can be lifesaving!
- Self massage reflexology directions and maps for ears, feet, and hands to help regulate immune system and relax.
- Recommended Wellness Reading and Listening list from the Bainbridge Prepares Wellness Volunteers.
- Tips for Healthy Computer Time (please see accompanying video below)
- City of Bainbridge Island Volunteer form – required to serve on the Bainbridge Prepares Wellness team.
Be sure to also check out the Psychological First Aid Team page.
May you be happy.
May you be well.
May you be safe.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
DISCLAIMER: THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. The information contained on this website is for informational purposes only. ALTHOUGH SOME CONTENT MAY BE PROVIDED BY INDIVIDUALS IN THE MEDICAL & WELLNESS PROFESSIONS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISION OF SUCH CONTENT DOES NOT CREATE A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL PATIENT RELATIONSHIP AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN OPINION, MEDICAL ADVICE, PROFESSIONAL DIAGNOSIS, SERVICE, or TREATMENT OF ANY CONDITION. Access to general information is provided for educational purposes only, through this site and links to other sites. Content is not recommended or endorsed by any medical and wellness professionals. The information and content provided are not substitutes for medical or professional care and you should not use the information in place of a visit, call, consultation or the advice of your physician or other healthcare provider. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.