Instead of the customary Three Days of Preparedness, this year Bainbridge Prepares is offering a Virtual Day of Preparedness September 26, from 10 to 2 pm. The event features three keynote speakers:
Team Lead Presentations
- Map Your Neighborhood
- The Power is Out: Now What?
- Climate Change & Disasters
- Psychological First Aid
- Bainbridge Artisan Resource Network (BARN)
- Medical Reserve Corps (MRC)
- Emergency Medical Responders (BIEMR)
- Disaster Hubs
- Personal Preparedness for Pandemic
- Child Safety & Family Reunification
- How to Replicate Bainbridge Prepares in Your Community
Here is the day’s agenda:
- 10:00 AM Welcome!
- 10:05 AM History of Earthquakes on Bainbridge: Steve Angster, PhD, Jessie Pearl, PhD
- 11:30 AM Emotional Resilience in Times of Disaster: Avanti Bergqist, PhD
- 1:00 PM Open Q&A with Partnership Leadership and Team Leads
The event is sponsored by Bainbridge Prepares, the City of Bainbridge Island, the Bainbridge Island Fire Department, the Kitsap Regional Library, the Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island, Bainbridge Island Metro Parks & Recreation District, and Puget Sound Energy.
To register for the event, click here.